Get your swap on with PDX Fatshion
Get your swap on with PDX Fatshion
Winter is coming! It’s time once again to get your swap on at Portland’s exclusive plus size clothing swap! Mix, mingle, swap, and enjoy tasty treats with your fellow FATshion community!
JOIN THE FACEBOOK EVENT AND INVITE YOUR FRIENDS!
How it works:
**This is a plus size swap for all/no genders sizes 14 and up!**
RAFFLE PRIZES! Purchase raffle tickets for a chance to win one of our FLABULOUS PRIZES! Only 1 for $1 or TEN (10) for $5. All proceeds from the raffle will be donated to SMYRC!
Please bring 1-2 bags (shopping tote sized bags or one large garbage bag or suitcase). Feel free to use reusable bags to save on plastic!
Only bring items that are wearable with no holes or stains. Any items with pet hair, stains, or large holes will not be accepted. If an item has a small rip that is easily repairable we will have a special section for those items.
All items will be sorted by size and on tables for everyone to shop with ease!
11:00 AM to NOON: Drop off your clothes! Bring in your good condition clothing (washed and ironed), shoes, handbags, belts, and jewelry. This is a PLUS SIZE Clothing Swap, so we will only be accepting sizes 14 - 32 and beyond! No drop offs will be accepted after noon, so please be on time.
Noon to 1:00 PM - Spend an hour or so hanging out nearby (there are tons of great restaurants and bars in the neighborhood!), while we sort and organize the clothing to make your Swap experience exquisite! (We will not be accepting more bags during this time.)
1:00 PM to 3:00 PM - SWAP TILL YOU DROP! Doors will open at 1:00. Drinks/concessions will be available for purchase, and we will have some snackies to nibble on. (Food/drinks will not be allowed in the clothing area, but there is plenty of seating with cup holders for socializing)
Venue is wheelchair accessible, but the restrooms are not ADA compliant. ADA Restrooms are available at several nearby establishments.
IMPORTANT: We are asking that you bring your clothing from 11:00 am until noon. This will give us time to sort while you get a chance to mingle! Take this time to grab some food or a drink and get ready to hunt! We will open up shopping at 1:00 pm and it will be first come first served! We ask that you are mindful of time and give others time to shop as well!
Clothing Swap Rules:
1) All items must be in clean and good condition. No items with animal hair, stains, large rips, or holes will be accepted. If an item is in need of minor repair it should be indicated with a note attached to the item.
2) Put small items or jewelry in small baggies and connect anything in a pair (like shoes) with a rubber band.
3) Bring the quality of items you would like to receive, and be fair. Try to take the same amount of items you bring.
4) There are no guarantees, stated or implied, that anyone will receive anything at the swap in exchange for the items they bring.
5) Come to the swap prepared and properly dressed – wear something you can easily try items on top of.
6) Bathrooms at the swap are not dressing rooms. They are to be kept free for regular bathroom use.
7) Please refrain from using perfume or other scents (like scented lotion). Also, try to use unscented laundry detergent to wash the clothes prior to the swap if you can!
8) No one should be grabbing or hoarding items before others have a chance to go through them. The object of the swap is not to get as much as you can. Instead people should be courteous and conscientious of others.
9) Respect your host and the property. Do not take or move personal belongings or décor.
10) HAVE FUN!!
If you have any ideas that might make the swap better or more fun – share them!!
All leftover clothing will be donated to Dress For Success!